OK, I know these dies have been out a month now, but it is there first showing on my blog. Therefore I think they count for a WNW post!
The dies are Hello You set of 4 thinlits, which you can get on there own or in a bundle with the coordinating Crazy About You stamp set.
That's enough about the fab new thinlits, on to the card. I've used the Bokeh technique which is huge at the minute. I just searched Pinterest for a tutorial, and my friend Julie had recently shared one.
The colour scheme Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight is from another tutorial on the technique, using water colour paper but I stuck with Whisper White and sponges. I wanted something with a pink base and bright, so the combination was perfect.
What did I do?
- I sponged the three inks on to a 9.5cm x 13.8cm piece of whisper white, blending with the sponges where the colours met.
- I then cut a piece of Window Sheet 1/2cm bigger and die cut the 4 smallest circles form the Circles Collection from the velum, making a mask with 4 different sized circles in it.
- I lay my home made mask over the 9.5cm x 13.8cm inked up piece of whisper white, and using a dauber (no clean sponges left) added Whisper White Craft ink through the circles.
- I then moved the mask into a different position and daubed more ink though.
- I repeated the last step a few times till I was happy with the finished look.
So, once that was all done I had to leave the Whisper White Craft ink to dry. When it had dried I stuck my die cut "hello" to the bottom right, and layered up the card.
Give the Bokeh technique a go and share your finished cards with me.
Table built using Product Table Builder by The Crafty Owl - Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.