Whilst looking through the Splitcoast Stampers tutorials yesterday I came across this one. Loved it, and thought that looks easy enough to covert to UK card size, so I had a go.I first used a piece of paper to plan out the cuts and scores, before committing it to card! I learnt to do this from my friend Julie when we were trying to work out the measurements for another 3D card.
After I was happy, I set to work on a piece of Whisper White card. I have a diagram below for you, the measurements are...
- Cut A4 card in half so you have 2 A5 pieces (21cm x 14.8cm)
- Take 1 cm off the bottom and a side of the A5 piece (20cm x 13.8cm)
- Cut the red lines on the diagram, they are 2cm from the top and 2cm from the bottom. You are cutting these from 2cm to 18cm, and not all the way along.
Blue lines on the diagram:
- Score between the 2 cut lines at 2cm, 10cm & 18cm (these will be your valley folds).
- Score from the top to the top score line and from the bottom score line to the bottom at 10cm (this will be your valley fold).
- Turn the card over and score between the 2 cut lines at 4cm & 16cm (these will be your mountain folds).
- Score from the top to the top score line and from the bottom score line to the bottom at 8cm & 12cm (these will be your mountain folds).
Here's my video tutorial, making my second of these cards:
The DSP for the inside needs to be cut in the following sizes:
- 2 pieces = 7.5cm x 13.8cm
- 4 pieces = 1.5cm x 1.5cm
- 2 pieces = 1.5cm x 9.8cm
Cut 2 Cs from the 7.5cm x 13.8cm pieces, these need to have 1.5cm wide borders. Leaving a piece from the middle of each measuring 5cm x 10.3cm, which need to be then trimmed down to 5cm x 9.8cm.