It's that really exciting time of year when Stampin' Up! demonstrators get to see, and order some of the new products from the upcoming annual catalogue. Part of the excitement though is tempered by learning what's retiring and then the relief that those stamps or dies that you just haven't used enough are staying! That's the case for me with the Botanical Blooms stamps & Botanical Builder dies!
So I thought I'd make a card today that shows off some of the retiring products, along with some which are staying.
- I've used a tent fold card base, made from half a sheet of Extra Thick Whisper White card.
- I mounted a 10 cm x 14.3 cm piece of Crushed Curry card using Dimensionals onto the card base.
- I cut a piece of the Botanical Gardens DSP just 1 cm smaller than the Crushed Curry card and stuck that down with Multipurpose Adhesive.
- I cut 2 banners, 2 x 1" wide and 1 x 1 1/2" wide, measuring 8 cm, 5cm & 7 cm long, and stuck them about 1/3 from the top of the card with Multipurpose Adhesive.
- I've use 3 strips of the washi tape, leaving a gap between the bottom and middle ones for the Burlap Ribbon, making sure they were still close enough for the ribbon to over lap.
- I cut the Burlap Ribbon to size and then frayed all 4 edges, before sticking with Fast Fuse over the washi. I applied to the Fast Fuse to the DSP not the ribbon.
- I used the Botanical Builder dies to cut various flowers from Crushed Curry & Cajun Craze card, and leaves from Mossy Meadow card.
- I layered the leaves and flowers up, sticking down to the ribbon with Glue Dots.
- I've finished the flowers with Rhinestone Basic Jewels.